One Team. One Goal. Surgical Patient Safety.
The Council on Surgical and Perioperative Care was incorporated as a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization, in 2007. The Board of Directors consists of two representatives from each of the seven professional organizations.
The CSPS brings each member of the surgical team together to improve patient safety.
The CSPS promotes excellence in patient safety in the surgical and perioperative environment
The CSPS envisions a world in which all patients receive the safest surgical care provided by an integrated team of dedicated professionals
Guiding Principles and Values
- We are committed to implementation of all strategies that support safe surgery for all patients.
- We treat everyone with respect and appreciate individual and organizational differences.
- We value the diversity of our membership and their unique roles in the delivery of care.
- We are committed to collaboration and effective communication among all team members involved in perioperative care.
- We are committed to partnerships (regulatory, public, private, research agencies) that improve patient safety.
- We value a culture of patient safety and a caring perioperative workplace environment .